Sometimes you would like the receiver of email step to reply to different address than the sender. This is what you commonly achieve in emails by using the "reply-to" option.
That's possible in Introist as well. Here's how you set up a message with reply to address:
- Open workflow editor by selecting "Workflows" in main menu
- Open the workflow you would like to edit
- Select an email step or create new
- At the right side of the "From" field, click the "Reply to" button
- You know have a new "Reply to" field below the "From" field
- Type in any email address or select an attribute to use dynamic email resolving.
- Save the step
- To verify your new reply to address, click "Send me a test" to send yourself a test message. That message should have a reply to address set. (Notice that if you used an attribute as a reply to address, this will not be included in test email)