Send messages to private channel using your own account or a bot.
You can send a Slack message to any channel using either connected Slack account or a bot. When you want to send a message to a private channel, you need to submit the private channel, and grant access to the channel.
Configure a message
- Select a sender you want to use for a message
- Open the channel listing
- HOX! Private channels are not in the listing
- Submit the name of the channel
- Press Enter or click “Create”
Grant access to a private channel
When sending from an actual person
Make sure that the person is on the private channel.
When sending from a bot
You need to add Introist app to the channel.
- Open Slack
- Search and open the channel
- Click the name of the channel
- Select “Integrations”
- Click “Add an app”
- Search for “Introist”
- Click “Add app”